Monroes Donuts and Bakery began in The Monroes’ home on Medgar Evers Blvd. in 1995. In 2003, their home was destroyed by hurricane wind, and with insurance funds, and a Small Business Loan, the present two story building was erected. The lower floor was converted into a bakery.
Like millions of businesses, Monroes Donuts and Bakery began small. When Mr. Monroe starting selling donuts and pastries in the family den, he had two jobs and a dream to earn a living selling pastry treats.
Monroe Jackson’s dream came true. Today, the company has five locations in Metro Jackson which employs bakers, support staff, and sales persons.
Stop by the main location on Hwy 49 N. from 6 AM to 6 PM. A drive through window is available.
Directions: Off 1-220 Take the 49 N. Exit. Less than a quarter of a mile, the bakery is on the right just pass the dollar store.
Directions: Off 1-20 Take 1-220, then Take the 49 N. Exit.
1. 6310 Medgar Evers Blvd (Hwy 49 S.) DRIVE THRU, Jackson, 39213 601.981.3208 [6 am to 6 pm]
2. 255 E McDowell Rd, DRIVE THRU Jackson, 39204, 601.373.1185 [6 am to 6 pm]
3. 717 Rice Rd, Ridgeland, MS 39157 [6 am to 6 pm]
4. 125 S. Congress St., Jackson, 39201 (Pearl St. old Scurlock site) [6 am to 12 noon]
5. 3820 Northbrook Dr. DRIVE THRU, Jackson, MS 39206 [6 am to 6 pm]